The Casino that stands today was constructed in 1929 to replace the original wooden frame Casino that was destroyed by fire in January of 1928. Like its contemporary, the Convention Hall, the Casino was designed by prominent NewYork architects Warren and Wetmore, who designed New York's Grand Central Terminal. Asbury Park's Casino housed amusements like video poker and dark rides similar to those across the street at Palace Amusements.
In the 1980s, an improperly installed roof and storms contributed to damage that forced the closure of the skating rink portion of the Casino. Through the 1990s, the front portion of the building that once housed the carousel was used as a flea market, and later, as a skate park. By 2001, the entire building was vacant.
In the 2000s, the Casino's owners allowed the same demolition by neglect that was one of the factors in the destruction of Palace Amusements. No effortwas made to shore up or repair the increasingly damaged roof over the rear portion of the building, and it was eventually torn down in 2006.
See also: The Original Casino